tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 10 21:32:40 2003

Brent Kesler's reference to {Qochebe'}

I'm reading the latest HolQeD which arrived today. In the article
"Linguistic Relativity in {tlhIngan Hol}: Part I" Brent Kesler states in
a footnote (page 5) that the word {Qochbe'} is misspelled in the (first
edition of) TKD as {Qochebe'} <argree>. I cannot find this error in my
own (second edition) TKD. Can anyone verify that this error really is in
the 1985 edition of TKD?

I have always thought that the two editions are *identical* except for
the addendum added in the second edition (and changed cover, of course).
I have been told that the only reason the additional material in the
second edition was appended, instead of inserted in their logical place
was so that they would be able to reduce the printing cost by reusing
the old plates. If this is so, how could an error occur in one, but not
both, of the two editions?

/Zrajm C Akfohg

--
  Sökare: 0740-145753   Zrajm C Akfohg   <[email protected]>
  Telefon: 018-500911   Villav.33, 2tr   www.klingonska.org/~zrajm

Back to archive top level