tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 11 01:03:04 2003

Re: Brent Kesler's reference to {Qochebe'}

At 03:30 AM 1/11/2003 +0100, Zrajm wrote:
>I'm reading the latest HolQeD which arrived today. In the article
>"Linguistic Relativity in {tlhIngan Hol}: Part I" Brent Kesler states in
>a footnote (page 5) that the word {Qochbe'} is misspelled in the (first
>edition of) TKD as {Qochebe'} <argree>. I cannot find this error in my
>own (second edition) TKD. Can anyone verify that this error really is in
>the 1985 edition of TKD?

Both my first edition TKD, and my second edition spell "agree" correctly as
{Qochbe'}. However, I believe that the point Brent was trying to make was
that TKD lists "agree" as {Qochbe'}, when one might expect "agree" to be
listed as {QochHa'}. Unfortunately, it looks like a typo crept into his
article, and the footnote misspells {Qochbe'} as *{Qochebe'}*. Similar to
how you wrote *<argree>* instead of <agree> in the above message. ;-)

- taD

Back to archive top level