tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 25 02:36:20 2003

Re: Tao Te Ching Chp. 25

DloraH:

>quSDaq Daba'.  Damughta'be'chugh, nuq Dalab?  :)

quSDaq bIba'.

'ISqu':
>> tera' chut pab nuv.
>> chal chut pab tera'.
>> mIw'a' chut pab chal.
>> chutvam pab je mIw'a'.
>> Tao follows its own rules, too.

DloraH:
>I read chutvam as inclusive of all those rules mentioned:
>"Tao follows these rules too (tera' chut, chal chut, mIw'a' chut je)"
>
>In klingon it's ok to repeat the noun.
>/mIw'a' chut pab je mIw'a'./

Another possibility to make such construction is {chutDaj pab mIw'a'} "tao follows its rules". But, just like the english translation, it is not clear what "its" or {-Daj}
refers to. When standing alone, this could work, following the phrase above, it's ambiguous [hey, lurkers: that's what is meant with "context-related" ;-)]
DloraH's suggestion is more accurate.

Quvar.

Back to archive top level