tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 13 11:58:48 2003

Re: KLBC [-choH]

knera asks:

>I'm having trouble knowing when to use the verb suffix *-choH*.  I know it
>is a change in state, but still don't quite understand when it's used.

I'll let the BG explain its use, but while we wait for him here are some
examples to study.  (Note that some of Okrand's translations are somewhat
loose.):

maghoSchoHmoHneS'a'?
May we execute a course (to some place)? TKD

yItamchoH!
Be quiet! (Become quiet!) TKD

Du'IHchoHmoH mIvvam.
This helmet suits you. TKD

ghorgh tujchoHpu' bIQ?
When will the water be hot? TKD

nuqDaq waqwIj vIlamHa'choHmoH?
Where can I get my shoes cleaned? TKD

tujqu'choH QuQ.
The engine is overheating. TKD

maDo'chugh QeHchoH wa'.
If we're lucky, one will get angry. CK

bIrchoH SuvwI' 'Iw.
The blood of the warrior grows cold. PK

notlh veS... 'a tugh manotlhchoH je maH.
War is obsolete... as we are in danger of becoming. ST6

wa' jaj 'etlh 'uchchoHlaH tlhIngan puqloD; jajvetlh loD nen moj.
The son of a Klingon is a man the day he can first hold a blade. TKW

'etlh QorghHa'lu'chugh ragh 'etlh nIvqu' 'ej jejHa'choH.
Even the best blade will rust and grow dull unless it is cared for. TKW

vulchoHbe' tlhInganpu'.
Klingons do not faint. TKW

ropchoHbe' tlhInganpu'.
Klingons do not get sick. TKW

qanchoHpa' qoH, Hegh qoH.
Fools die young. TKW

wa' SuvwI' muHlu'DI', tuHchoH Hoch SuvwI'pu'.
The execution of but one warrior brings shame to all. TKW

bIboH. yIjotchoH!
You're impatient. Calm down! KGT

--
Voragh                            "Damage control is easy. Reading Klingon
- that's

Back to archive top level