tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 11 15:13:21 2002

Re: wanI' tlhaQ wa'

Am 11.09.2002 14:31:42, schrieb [email protected]:

>> jIQub Quj vIDIlnISbe'chugh, vaj jIQujrup.
>
>This is apparently a run-on sentence.  You either need a . after Qub, or move
>Qub to the other end and say /... 'e' vIQub/.
Yes, right. I prefer 'e'
{Quj vIDIlnISbe'chugh vaj jIQujrup 'e' vIQub}
I was thinking about writing something like {jIjatlh'egh...} which doesn't need that 'e'.

>This sounds like a direct quote, but you didn't put it in < > like you did with
>your quote.
my fault, I just forgot, because it's not necesary to put quotes.

>For the newbies that might be watching, /jang/ is not a verb of speech, you
>would still need to use /jatlh/.
>jang loD, jatlh <chaq...>

jang 'avwI': jI''oj je (?)

>>  - 'ej mI'wIj cha'!  vaj jIQap.
>
>ghIq bIvem 'ej lojmItlIjDaq loS parmaqqaylI'  :P
'e' vItulbej!

Quvar.

Back to archive top level