tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 06 01:53:32 2002

Hoch (was: Names for noun functions)

ja' ghunchu'wI'

>The third one is a "possessive" role, according to TKD.  Examples such as
>{baS 'In} or even {tlhIngan Hol} tell us it's a little broader in scope
>than literal possession/ownership, but the concept is clear.

What does {tlhIngan Hol} mean literally?

while making one of my word-group-lists, I found following words:

"nationalities" seem to precede the noun:
  tlhIngan - tlhIngan Hol ("klingon language")
  tIqa' - tIqa' vIghro' ("tika cat")
  romuluS - romuluS HIq ("romulan Ale")
  verengan - verengan Ha'DIbaH ("ferengie dog")
  vIno'va' - vInova' qurgh ("finova beans")

I don't know what these are called, but they also precede the noun
  bID - bID choQ ("half deck")
  latlh - latlh qab ("other face")
  Hoch - Hoch Dujmey ("all ships")
  Hoch - Hoch Duj ("every ship")

Why does this following phrase not fit?
  nIn Hoch natlhlu'pu'
  "All the fuel has been consumed"

Is that something about countable things, or do klingons not count?

Back to archive top level