tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 05 19:54:21 2002

Re: <'e'> lo'be' <neH> (was: nuq 'oH KLBC'e'?)

From: "Stephan Schneider" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 7:49 PM
Subject: Re: <'e'> lo'be' <neH> (was: nuq 'oH KLBC'e'?)

> >From: "Quvar valer" <[email protected]>
> >>  tulwI':
> >>
> >>  >is /neH/ the only verb that doesn't need /'e'/?
> >>
> >>  No.read TKD, section 6.2.5. Sentences as objects:
> >
> ><DoS ghajbogh mu'tlheghna'> bIHbe' jatlhmeH mu' mu'tlheghmey.  jatlhmeH
mu'
> >tlha'laH DoSqoq pagh jatlhmeH mu' nunglaH DoSqoq.  not <'e'> <net> joq
> >lulo'lu' <neH> 'oHchugh wot'a''e'.
>
> i don't understand this klingon.
>
> "the target that an evident sentence has" they aren't in order that
> word sentences say. in order that a word speaks a so called target
> can follow it or in order that a word can speak a so called target
> can precede. never /-'e'/ and/or /net/ can be used if it's a major
> verb to be /neH/.
>
> what did i made wrong?

Others were using /DoS/ to mean "object," so I went along with this, though
it's not "official."

"Word for saying sentences aren't 'Definite sentences which have objects.'
A so-called target can follow a word for saying or a so-called target can
precede a word for saying. One never uses /'e'/ or /net/ if /neH/ is the
main verb."

In other words,

"Sentences with words of saying aren't used in Sentence as Object
constructions.  The 'object' can actually come before the word of saying or
can follow it.  You never use /'e'/ or /net/ if the main verb is /neH/."

SuStel
Stardate 2680.5

Back to archive top level