tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 04 15:23:49 2002

re: grammAr check

Please include Federation Standard.

DloraH, BG

Sorry about that--

je puqpu’ma’, be’nalpu’ma’ je, rojma’, je tlhab, lalDanma’, Qunma’ qawgach

qawgach Qunma’, lalDanma’, je tlhab, rojma’, je be’nalpu’ma’, je puqpu’ma’

…In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children…

and then;

I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.

jIH, nevI’ , bogh QaQ vav je’ SoS, ghIq mughojmoHta’ loQ Sovna’Daj; ‘ej leghta’ law’ Sengmey Ser jIjajmey, ‘ab, maS’a’ghach joH jIjajmey; ghaj Sov’a’ QaQ je’ peghmey Qun, ghIq jIchenmaH ta jIghu’mey jIjajmey.

which should roughtly equal:

I, Nephi, born of a good father and mother, subsequently (s)he taught me slightly of all of his knowledge; and (having) seen many troubles in the progress of my days, nevertheless, greatly prefer Lord my days; possess great knowledge of the good and secrets of God, subsequently I make a record of my situations in my days.

-naHQun

nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have lost at all.-Samuel Butler
http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/purpleelaphants/aboutme.html

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Back to archive top level