tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 23 16:03:51 2002

Re: Learning Project (hopefully)

> ...I thought what better way than to learn in the way I know.  Hands on.

Another hands-on approach is to just start using it around the house.  We have
words for household items.  Chair, bed, telephone, computer, table, floor,
wall, and many more.  Grab a stack of post-it notes and label everything.
Write down a list of household verbs.  Sit, stand, sleep, eat, cook, etc.  We
even have several words in the kitchen area; and I'm not counting things like
bloodpie, I mean stuff we actually have here on earth; various foods, utensils
and cookware, and verbs to go with them like "deepfry" and "be salty".  Most of
these sentence would be simple two word sentences.  When you sit down, say
jIba'.  Slowly add more words.  quSvamDaq jIba'.  After you eagerly wait for a
commercial break you can run down the hall saying, puch vIlo'nIS!  When you're
ready for more, tell us about your day.  Nothing fancy... you wake up, get
ready for work, what happens at work.  You program, right?  We have the word
ghun.  Numbers... everybody, everywhere uses numbers.

The water's warm.  There are lifeguards on duty here.  And there is a shallow
end.  Jump in, get wet.

DloraH

Back to archive top level