tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 26 02:16:19 2002

Re: RE: "Tadhg" lIH jIH

Am 25.11.2002 01:55:58, schrieb Tadhg Christopher Bird <[email protected]>:

>was translating the Lord's prayer into Klingon, translating 'heaven' as
>Stovokor. :) (What is the accepted thlIngan Hol spelling of Stovokor?)
I don't know any.
   Klingon paradise is called {QI'tu'} ("heaven"?)
   The black fleet is {yo' qIj} {"Stovokor"?}
   Dishonored go to {ghe'tor} ("hell"?)

>still may try my hand at translating the Lord's prayer, but personaly, I'd
>prefer to translate something more pagan.
You mean this prayer starting with {vavma' QI'tu'Daq, quvjaj ponglIj}?
That has been done already, but you can try it also, it's always interesting to see how different people translate differently.

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH

Back to archive top level