tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 17 13:46:59 2002

Re: russian queues (and stacks)

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002 [email protected] wrote:
> although i'm not a "non-English software engineer", my english-russian
> computer dictionary gives the russian equivalent of "queue" as the standard
> word for "queue, line (for waiting in)" [ochered'], and "queu(e)ing" as
> "organization of queues" [organizacija ocheredej].  the russian term for
> stack is the english word (spelled in russian: stek), but also the word for
> store (as in department store) [magazin].

That's very good stuff to know.  So "stack" wasn't translated from English
to Russian, even though "queue" was.  VERY interesting.  I wonder why
"stack" wasn't translated...

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
           "Hell, there are no rules here -- we're trying
             to accomplish something." -- Thomas Edison

Back to archive top level