tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 06 16:51:03 2002

Re: Klingon WOTD: peQ (n)

Voragh:
> >N.B.: {peQ chem} is two words, unlike {HoSchem} energy field, {pIvchem}
> warp
> >field and {Surchem} force field.

Quvar:
>I think it's obvious that {chem} is a noun for "field" (talking physics,
>not landscaping).
>But this word has no own entry. Right?

Correct.  I believe it's listed as two words in both the English-Klingon
and Klingon-English parts of the TKD Addendum glossary (which I don't have
with me at the moment).  If it's a typo, the copy editors at Pocket Books
made it twice.

I have it defined in my notes as {chem} "field (of energy)".  Other types
of "fields" that novices sometimes confuse are {che'ron} "battlefield" and
{yotlh} "field (of land)".

--
Voragh                            "All the meaning is in the context."
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons           (Ilya Kabakov, Russian artist)

Back to archive top level