tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 06 10:10:47 2002

RE: Frasier

DloraH wrote:
>Here's what I came up with...
>
>The boy says, "My dearest son, Each day you redeem me.  May your journey be
>filled with the same joy, wisdom, and purpose you have given mine."
>
>Accounting for mis-pronunciation, Frasier could be attempting:
>puqloDwI' le'qu', Hoch jaj choquvmoH.  lenglIj lutebjaj lengwIjvaD bel rap,
>Sov'a' Danobqu'bogh.
>
>Ok, who wrote this?!

Do'Ha' "Frasier" jIH lut vIlIjchu' vaj vIqonpu'be'.
Unfortunately, I completely forgot about this episode and so forgot to tape it.

Was Okrand mentioned in the credits?  The "Frasier" writers have been
making fun of Noel, the Klingon-speaking Trekker station engineer in a few
episodes.  It's just possible - barely - that one of the writers decided to
finally do it right and ask Okrand to translate the line.  Whether actor
Kelsey Grammer was able to pronounce it correctly is, of course, another
matter.

BTW, why was Frasier speaking Klingon at his son's bar mitzvah anyway?  I
would have thought he would have attempted something in Hebrew.

--
Voragh                            "All the meaning is in the context."
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons           (Ilya Kabakov, Russian artist)

Back to archive top level