tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 01 16:13:39 2002

Re: Stage

pagh asks:

>I'm writing an article for QQ, and I'm having trouble coming up with a
>reasonable term for "stage", meaning the area upon which actors do their
>thing. I've looked through paghmo' tIn mIS, but to no avail. If anyone
>remembers what the stage is called in Hamlet (or has a copy handy), I would

Off the top of my head, didn't they use {reHwI'} for a "player" (i.e. actor)?

>appreciate it. Other suggestions are also welcome.

As a model, we have {chenmoHlu'meH Daq} "construction site" from the BoP
poster, so if they were musicians, you could call it a {muchmeH Daq} "place
for performing (music)".  If dancers, a {mI'meH Daq} "place for dancing" -
though this could just as well mean "gymnasium"!  On the List we sometimes
use {Da} "behave as, act in the manner of" for "act" and {DawI'} for
"actor, actress", so I suppose you could call it a {DameH Daq} or {reHmeH
Daq} in a pinch.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons