tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 20 14:23:25 2002

Re: the whys and whenfors of translation

In a message dated 5/15/2002 12:46:50 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> Personally, I think Voragh is on the right track here.  The phrase
> "Separate Worlds" isn't talking about a spacial relationship.
> "Separate" does not mean "Separated".  Again, I too am coming into
> this late and lack context; maybe in the desired context it really
> does mean spacially separated.  But on the surface, I think a far
> better translation would be qo'mey pIm.  Just my two cents worth.

I have changed the title "Worlds Apart" to cha' qo'mey pIm.  While Capt.
Krankor is right that "Separate" does not mean "Separated," rather it means
"Distinct," "Different."

peHruS

Back to archive top level