tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 20 11:40:13 2002

Re: How fat is he?

Qa'pla.  I have been following this discussion on Chay ror or how fat is he? since it began, and I have come to this question. In the translation from Divi-Hol  to tlhIngan-Hol, Do we not at times have to step outside of cannon to create a full expression of what we are trying to convey. To me it seems that it is being asked as How big is he? or How big did he get? . Would it not then be a question of size eg. My friend is so fat . How fat is he? he is so fat that... see what I am getting at. just a thought from a beginner. Deghnegh