tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 16 07:17:43 2002

Re: weather verbs' subject (was Re: middle voice)

From: "Alan Anderson" <[email protected]>
> ja' SuStel:
> >There is one known possible exception to this.  We've often debated the
> >correct usage of verbs indicating weather conditions: SIS, jev, peD,
maybe
> >one or two more I haven't thought of offhand.  What's the correct subject
of
> >these verbs?
>
> I had the impression that the correct subject is so blatantly obvious that
> stating it would be silly.  Asking what the subject is reveals a serious
> lack of general knowledge. :-)

Obvious, eh?  Okay then, I admit my serious lack of general knowledge.  Tell
me what this obvious subject is.

To better state what I think you really mean, KLINGONS find the correct
subject so blatantly obvious that stating it has become an incorrect means
of expression.  Because Klingons never say it, we humans haven't heard it,
and THAT'S why we don't know what it is.  Klingons understand these verbs.
We don't.

SuStel
Stardate 2372.3

Back to archive top level