tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 21 10:02:49 2002

Feel (previously RE: the banned book / BG )

ghItlh Pillow:
>> How can I add detail to the concept of 'feel', like describing
>> good heft or balance?

ghItlh DloraH:
>QaQ nuH, "The weapon is good".
>If the weapon didn't have good balance it wouldn't be good.

I am reminded of the final scene from that great Klingon play, Hamlet.

Just before the duel, Hamlet selects a blade, hefts it, and says something on
the order of "this one likes me well enough."

If I were not at work, I'd look up the scene in TKH and see how Nick rendered
this line. Instead, I leave it as an exercise for the reader.

Lawrence

Back to archive top level