tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 20 17:27:29 2002

RE: Enough ( Hell Yeah! )

> SuStel je Hoch,

/je/, /joq/, & /ghap/ (the noun connecting words) go at the end of the list
of the nouns they are connecting.
SuStel Hoch je

> vInID vIneH:
>
> <DaH net vIQoy vIneH, David.
> >  > Now that's what I like to hear David,

/net/ is the pronoun, which refers to the previous sentence, that is used
when the subject is unspecified.  (TKD p66)
When you have a subject, 'e' is used.

DaH 'e' vIQoy vIneH  "I want to here that now."
It's not really what we want here.  To get closer we could probably use a
relative clause. (-bogh)

> paghvo' batlhHa'ghom tu'Homl'raH DatlhapnISbe',
> >  > You don't have to take SHIT from anybody

paghvo'...DatlhapnISbe'
"You don't need to take it from nobody"
Does this mean he needs to take it from somebody?

The english says "anybody", instead of "nobody".  We have /vay'/ "anybody".

Since you are talking metaphorically here, -vo' is probably OK; but remember
that -Daq and -vo' refer to the physical realm of motion.

> *oywI'(wI')*.>
> >  > Baby!

-oy is a noun suffix.
And I'm not sure why you have two /wI'/.

> i'm not sure about my translation of "s.h.i.t". i suppose it to be
> something that doesn't respect our rules and values. since the
> klingon's culture is based on honor, i tried "batlhHa'ghom
> tu'Homl'raH", but i'm absolutly not sure about it.

/ghom/ isn't a suffix.  I'm not sure what you're trying for.

That second word is  tu'HomI'raH.  It has an I (eye), not an l (ell).
Klingon syllables are CVC (Consonant-Vowel-Consonant) or CV
(Consonant-Vowel); with this you can not have ...ml'... in a word.
tu'-Ho-mI'-raH

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level