tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 20 11:20:49 2002

Re: Hol ghojlu''a'?

DloraH:
> > >   petIv'egh.  qara'qu'.
> > >   Enjoy yourselves. That's an order.
> >
> > "canon" 'oH'a'?  lugh {petIv'egh.  Sara'qu'} {yItIv'egh.  qara'qu'}
> > ghap, qar'a'?
>
>When using -'egh (or -chuq) you use a prefix that does not imply an
>object; and
>here, he is talking to multiple people.  pe-.
>
>The problem is qara', [I - you (singular)].  It should be Sa-.

These are two -separate- sentences for General Koord to say during the
celebratory party aboard Enterprise at the end of ST5.  He would have been
speaking to Klaa and Vixis, who were uncomfortable being on Kirk's
ship.  It could be that {petIv'egh} was for meant for both of them, but the
next sentence {qara'qu'} was directed at the sulking Klaa alone.

Since the line never made it into the movie, we can't tell from his body
language or who he was looking at what Koord meant.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level