tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 18 11:36:21 2002

*Canberra*Daq 'uD tIH lujolchu'ta' *Australia*ngan tejpu'

buy' ngop... nughoStaH <<Hov leng>> jol cham!  lut yIlaD:

       SCIENTISTS IN CANBERRA HAVE SUCCESSFULLY TELEPORTED A LASER BEAM
       FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AUSTRALIA.

    "Teleportation is usually found in science fiction programs like Star Trek,
    but a team of researchers from the Australian National University (ANU)
    has carried out a successful teleportation experiment in a gravitational
    wave lab.

    "Team leader Dr Ping Koy Lam says it involved creating a laser beam, its
    disembodiment and the recreation of the original beam in a different
location.

    "Dr Lam says the experiment involved laser light which is made up of
photons
    which are quite different from any solid material.

    "'At the moment physicists are still puzzling over how to actually do
it with
    a solid material, so we have to start with an atom,' he said.

    "The discovery has applications for the development of quantum
computers and
    telecommunications."

    <http://www.abc.net.au/news/scitech/2002/06/item20020617070959_1.htm>

[Extra credit for those who want to try their hand at translating this into
Klingon.  I think that we have nearly all the vocabulary we need.]

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level