tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 13 08:50:05 2002

Re: Klingon WOTD: tlhuch (v)

In a message dated 6/3/2002 6:20:17 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> Klingon word:   tlhuch
> Part of Speech: verb
> Definition:     exhaust

How does tlhuch compare/contrast with taQbang and natlh?  I never liked the
argument that on the English side of TKD tlhuch and taQbang both mean
exhaust, one a verb and one a noun, referring to expelling burned fuel
residue, just because they are next to each other.  But, I have never heard a
better explanation of why the author of that ancient post (g) demanded that I
consider them to be related.  However, later we received the word natlh,
possibly eliminating the need for tlhuch to mean "exhaust, expend, use up."

I do not recall anyone ever claiming he/she thought about fatigue.  I can't
stretch tlhuch that far, either.

Allright, what I am seeking is the explanation of how we know the real
meaning.

peHruS

Back to archive top level