tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 08 09:49:03 2002

Re: romanization

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 02:06:10PM +0000, Sangqar (Sean Healy) wrote:
> >>once i had the same idea. when i began to compile my vocabulary list,
> >>i used this alphabet, in order to avoid the shift key:
> >
> >Interestingly, the system that I devised is very similar to the one you
> >devised.
>
> At this point switching systems would put us in the same position as
> Chinese speakers during the switch from Wade-Giles to Pinyin for their
> romanization. Things would be extremely confusing for quite a long time.

Ehhm. I'm VERY new here, but even at the stage of my learning it would be
VERY confusing to make such change. It's like change for example 'y' to 'Q'
in English at this point, right now. I DO NOT think that my opinion is count,
_but_ imho it's important to hear me, because actually I'm trying to learn
this language ...

- Gábor

Back to archive top level