tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 05 16:36:11 2002

Re: invention and innovation - tulwI' Hol

qon DloraH:
>Because what we're writing is only the phonetic representation of spoken
>klingon, the ? can be optional, since it is the question word/suffix that
>makes
>the sentence a question.

And as a phonetic representation, it seems to have been chosen with
absolutely no regard for the typist. :) Does anyone else get bugged by
constantly hitting the shift key? At least with pIqaD characters, you don't
need to hit shift at all, and there are fewer characters overall, the
digraphs and trigraph being mapped to single symbols. Too bad pIqaD is not so
easy to type or dislay in most mail programs.

There are romanized representations of tlhIngan Hol that would be both easier
to type and more aesthetically pleasing. What would happen if we started
using a different one?

--
Andrew Strader

Back to archive top level