tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 05 14:28:25 2002

RE: pabmey nap pagh napHa' - naDevvo'

> of course, a ngagh is normally not moving from place to place. but
> this is the very absurdy of it. it's intended that the person that
> does ngagh'egh is moving himself while doing so. he's moving from
> here to another place. is it forbidden to expand the paradigm of
> ngagh'egh?

But remember that klingon is another culture.  Does this work in their
culture.  We have the statement "go mate with your targh", but we don't know
what ngagh'egh would imply in their culture.

Maybe that statement has more to do with the fact that it's a targh rather than
the action of ngagh.

If I say "That girl is hot", my friends know that I am refering to the lustfull
feelings she generates around her.
Would a klingon understand what I mean?  Or would he only think I was refering
to her actual temperature?

> but maybe i should ask less stupid questions.

They're not stupid questions.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level