tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 03 02:44:55 2002

RE: pabmey nap pagh napHa' - naDevvo'

lab DloraH:

>  > >>  > f*** off
>>  >>
>>  >>  could you translate this so: "naDevvo' yinga'chuq"?
>>  >
>>  >rItlhmoQSuvwI' responded:
>>  >>Wouldn't that be better translated as:  yInga'chuq'egh
>>  >
>>  >You can't have two Class 1 suffixes on one verb.  Fortunately we
>>  >have what seems to be a variant of {nga'chuq} "sex (i.e. perform
>>  >sex, always subject)" listed in the KGT glossary: {ngagh} "mate
>>  >with".  And yes, it's transitive.  We have a similar suggestion
>>  >heard on the "Power Klingon" tape:
>>  >
>>  >   targhlIj yIngagh;  yIruch!
>>  >   Go mate with your targ!  [punctuation uncertain]
>>  >
>>  >Presumably, you and your lover {nga'chuq} together, but you {ngagh}
>>  >someone - or something - else.
>>  >
>>  >And so, what Stephan wants to suggest to our rude poster should be:
>>  >
>>  >   yIngagh'egh; yIruch!
>>
>>  i think this works better. and "naDevvo'"? what you said is just
>>  "f*** (yoursself)", but where is the ablative aspect of "off"?
>
>/naDevvo'/ refers to the physical motion of going from one place (here) to
>another place.  ngagh is not that type of word of motion.  Sure, there's
>motion, but you're not going anywhere.

i thought that f*** off [sic] means "go away", doesn't it? so i see
two ways: "go away and mate with yourself" or "while mating yourself,
go away". anyway, there should be some "away" in there, shouldn't it?

stephan,
sts.

Back to archive top level