tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 30 16:43:46 2002

Re: KLBC -moH [was Re: pIqaD]

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email protected]>
> > So I could say " Due to these messages I formulate an idea" or
> >
> > QInmeyvammo'  qech vIgher QInmeyvam
>
> You forgot to take the QInmeyvam off the end.

::Oops::
Hagh qoHpu'  neH  HeghtaHvIS  SuvwI'pu'
Only fools laugh while warriors die.

> Here's an example that better shows the problem,
>
> targh HoH loDHom  "the boy kills the targh."
[--snipped--]
> "The emperor causes the boy to kill the targh."
>
>[--snipped--]
> Instead we should do stuff like:
> (depending on the intended meaning you want)
>
> targh HoH loDHom 'e' qaSmoH ta'

The Emporer Causes the Boy to Kill the Targ

> ta'mo' targh HoH loDHom

The Boy Killed the Targ because of the Emporer.

> ta'vaD targh HoH loDHom

The Boy killed the Targ for the Emperor

> loDHom ra' ta'.  targh HoH loDHom

The Emperor Comanded the boy to kill the Targ

> loDHom ra'mo' ta', targh HoH loDHom

The Emperor Comanded the boy to kill the Targ

> So we can certainly still communicate.

mu'tlheghmeylIj vImughta' .  lugh qar'a'

I have translated your sentences.  They are correct, Yes?

I don't think I got that right.
I was trying to say:
"Are my translations (of your sentances) correct?"

> DloraH, BG

qe'San

Back to archive top level