tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 30 02:42:31 2002

KLBC -moH [was Re: pIqaD]

----- Original Message -----
From: "TPO" <[email protected]>

> > qech mughermoH QInmeyvam
> > KLBC: Have I used [-moH] correctly in the sentence above???
>
> Using -moH on a transitive verb is very tricky.  There has been bloodshed
> over this.  We could probably get away with this one because of what is
> called "the prefix trick".  With the PT, even tho there is a noun for the
> object, the prefix points to a first or second person object.

I thought it meant "These messages cause me to formulate an idea"

I'm testing my understanding next:
Is it wrong because to use -moH on transitive verbs because of the way it
sort of introduces another noun (as in "cause me") into the meaning in the
attempt to change it from nonsense "These messages formulate an idea"

> If you want to put a -moH on a transitive verb, recast using multiple
> sentences.

So I could say " Due to these messages I formulate an idea" or

QInmeyvammo'  qech vIgher QInmeyvam

 ??
> DloraH, BG

qe'San