tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 26 20:49:58 2002

Re: KLBC: "New York"Daq lengwIj

Saturday, January 26, 2002 9:41 PM ghItlh TPO <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: KLBC: "New York"Daq lengwIj

>leng works like jaH and ghoS.  The destination is the direct object.  The
>indirect object with -Daq on it is the medium by/in/on which you travel.
>HolQeD Dec 98, Okrand:

TKD 3.3.5. "If the locative suffix is used with such verbs, the resulting
sentence is somewhat redundant, but not out-and-out wrong."

I am ready to obey the laws; but WHAT exactly are they? Is there a list of
'verbs of movement' which do not require -Daq as destination marker?

If you remember, I have already goofed with "WarszawaDaq jipaw"...

Igor=Aryeh

Back to archive top level