tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 26 16:00:53 2002

RE: KLBC: T'Anna/ nu translation

--- TPO <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Now I want you to translate "The boy picks up
> the knife."
> >
> > traanslation (hopefully): taj woH loDHom.
>
> majQa'.  Very good.
>
> Now let's add a little more to it.  A "time stamp".
> Time stamps go at the
> beginning of the sentence.  Examples:
> wa'Hu' taj woH loDHom.  "Yesturday the boy picked up
> the knife."
> ram Qong loDHom.  "At night the boy sleeps."
>
> Now you try "Two days from now the boy will visit
> the embassy."

TRANSLATION (agaain hopefully): cha' jajpu' vo' DaH
Duy such loDHum.

I'm not sure how to connect hyphenated words, & where
to connect them.  Also, what is the difference between
Duy & 'oSwI?  I found these two words for embassy.
Which word would I use, & when would I use them?