tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 21 12:19:07 2002

Re: More puns in new vocab

>Jeremy Silver:
> > Just updated my word list and the 'uSgheb and vIlInHoD puns just hit me
> > squarely between the eyes.  le' 'oy' jay'.

Voragh:
>"{gheb} leg"?  "Captain Villain?"  I don't see the puns here -- but then,
>I was
>never a particular fan of Monty Python.

 From the description in HolQeD, {vIlInHoD} sounds like a parrot. To me, it
sounds like "Captain Villain" is just describing the stereotypical "pirate
captain" that a {vIlInHoD} would perch on.

{'uSgheb} is described as similar to a rooster, only more fierce. With that
in mind, take a look at the new words list at the KLI site, using the "sort
by date added" list. Right below {'uSgheb} is the word {gheb}. Now try to
break down the bird's name again. :-)

>: It looks like vIlInHoD is the word going into the new version of the sketch.
>: chorghvo' 'ay'mey!  chorghvo' 'ay'mey!
>
>"From eight sections"?  nuqjatlh?!

I think he was going for "Pieces of eight! Pieces of eight!"

- taD

Back to archive top level