tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 16 20:17:23 2002

Re: More puns in new vocab

> Russ Perry Jr:
> : But it leaves me to wonder what we're supposed to make of cha'naS and
> : cha'par...  Has anyone figured these out?
>
> {cha'par} from PARtridge?

It might as well be a PARrot, unless we're talking about a PARtridge in a PAIR
tree. And that makes me wonder why Okrand didn't borrow from all those birds in
the Christmas Carol. Four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves,
and...

> I don't think anyone has pointed this one out yet, but {SIla'} "mirror" is
> "Alice" backwards - as in "Through the Looking Glass".

Yeah. Before I figured that out, I thought it was Shela somebody...

And as for SIla' being bigger than neSlo', it probably had something to do with
those pills Alice was taking...

> --
> Voragh
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons