tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 16 19:42:48 2002

Re: Hech (was: Re: SajwIj)

>SENTENCE 'e' VERB is not analogous to
>OBJECT VERB.  Actually the 'e' VERB part _is_ the entire
>OBJECT VERB complex.  The pronoun {'e'} refers back
>to the previous SENTENCE, which is basically completely
>independent: {qagh vISop 'e' vIHech} is literally
>"I eat qagh. This I intend/mean to do".  We punctuate
>  the two phrases as one sentence, but that is not unheard of in Klingon:
>reported speech sentences using {jatlh} are also technically two separate
>sentences, althought punctuated as one.

A good point.  But then {'e'} itself, as a pronoun, should be
interchangeable with any OBJECT.  Of course, it no longer matters, as SuStel
has shown me canon that convinces me that {Hech} is an implied exception
which can only take {'e'} as its object, and not any other OBJECT.