tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 13 18:02:06 2002

Re: Saj von Suq Qa'Hom cha'DIch'e'

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tad Stauffer" <[email protected]>

> At 09:18 PM 1/13/02 +0000, you wrote:
>
> In the Star Trek Klingon CD-Rom game/language lab, an animal is identified
> as a {Qa'Hom}. The picture looks like some sort of hedgehog, and the
> creature was described as (I believe) "Ligonian titmouse".
> These seemed to be differing definitions, since the picture and the word
> "mouse" seemed to imply a rodent, while a "titmouse" is actually a type of
> bird.

Well a Terran titmouse is a bird (I didn't know that before) but that
doesn't mean that a ligonian Titmouse was one... or has that been described
in any canon..

> However, the latest issue of HolQeD seems to clear this up, where it
> says that a Qa'Hom is not a bird, but that people have confused it with
one
> for some reason (the reason probably being the description from the
> language lab).

I can see that if you know your birds but as I saw the picture at the same
time I automatically picked up on the mouse part and thought nothing more of
it.

> - taD

qe'San

Back to archive top level