tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 05 03:14:59 2002

KLBC: Challenge?

We are writing a script that includes a Klingon challenge in it.  My question is this: this is what is being said in standard, did I transliterate it properly into Klingon?

Standard: I challenge you for her hand in marriage.

Literal translation: jIH qaD yI- -vaD -daj ghop tlhogh.

Correct translation (I think):yItloghdaj ghopvad qaD jIH? (I'm really not sure.  I had really big trouble with this one.)

Answer to challenge (First time): NOT HERE, NOT NOW.

Literal translation: (couldn't find translation.  Help.)

After Second challenge: I ACCEPT.

Literal translation:jIH laj

Correct Translarion: jIlaj?