tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 26 09:00:15 2002

Re: KBLC

*K*L*B*C*

> tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhtaHvIS "I will dream of you" vIjatlh vIneH.
    <<blabla>> jIjatlh vIneH

The object of {jatlh} cannot be the thing being said, only the language
being spoken:
    {tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'}
    "Do you speak klingon?"

I believe it can also be the person you  are talking to, but I'm not sure.
I'm not home for some weeks, so I don't have my sources with me.

> mu'tlheghvam vIchenmoHlaH neH:

When {neH} follows the verb, it means that you can "just verb" something,
and do nothing else.
When it follows a noun, then it means "only that noun", and not another
noun.

>    << nItebHa' mataH jIH SoH je DaHram 'e' vInaj>>
>     "You and I are together. I will dream it tonight."
From the meeting-Kahless-example (which someone gave use lately) it seems
that {naj} cannot take an object.

> mu'tlheghvam tIq law' nuq tIq puS?
For being together, I'd suggest the verb {tay'} "be together"
    {matay' SoH jIH je} "You and I, we are together."

    {jInajtaHvIS matay'}
    "while I was dreaming, we were together"

> mu'tlheghmeywIj yIchov.
tIchov.

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian