tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 30 09:19:59 2002

Re: KBLC

From: <[email protected]>
> > mu'tlheghvam vIchenmoHlaH neH:
>
> When {neH} follows the verb, it means that you can "just verb" something,
> and do nothing else.
> When it follows a noun, then it means "only that noun", and not another
> noun.

That's not quite right.  When /neH/ follows a verb, is trivializes the verb.

mu'tlheghvam vIchenmoHlaH.
I can make this sentence.

mu'tlheghvam vIchenmoHlaH neH.
I can merely make this sentence (as opposed to doing something more
important).

> >    << nItebHa' mataH jIH SoH je DaHram 'e' vInaj>>
> >     "You and I are together. I will dream it tonight."
> From the meeting-Kahless-example (which someone gave use lately) it seems
> that {naj} cannot take an object.

I don't think it's quite that clear.  The Kahless dream example uses /naj/
without an object, but it doesn't preclude the use of an object on /naj/.
It may or may not be able to take an object.

If it CAN take an object, I can't think of any object more likely than
/'e'/.

SuStel
Stardate 2997.0

Back to archive top level