tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 27 05:06:09 2001

Re: *Enterprise* Hol rurbe' tlhIngan Hol

tlhIngan Hol vIghov

My crewmates asked me if I recognized any words and I can't say that
I can ,even though I'm still in beginner mode. They suggested the
'dialect' theory but I don't buy that. It's just another Paramont Hol
creation I suspect. The basic facts regarding Starfleet aren't canon , so
why should the 'Klingon' language be [shrug]?  Even when the klingon
uttered the word 'nothing' I did not hear "pagh" and how hard  could it
have been to look that word up to use it ?

Lt.Commander Maud "malqa" Freifelder
Chief Security Officer USS Triumph NCC-26228
"Triumph Against All Odds"
STARFLEET/Region 2
[email protected]/aka tfn.net

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Joel Anderson wrote:

>   tlhIngan Hol mu'mey  vIQoylaHbe'ta'
>
>  ---
>
> No surprise, but did *anyone* hear tlhIngan Hol in the Enterprise premier?  I'll note they *did* a bit of a dodge with a throwaway line about the *MANY* dialects among the Klingon people.
>
> Probably going to be more of a source for the Vulcan linguistic crowd......
>

> ==
>   *** Joel Anderson * http://JustPray.MrKlingon.org *****
>   wej jIH mutlhobtaH,  vIjangta’ *  qaStaHvIS mujatlhtaH, vIQoyta’
>    **    It shall   happen that, before they call, I will answer;               **
>    **         and while they are yet     speaking, I will hear.Isaiah 65:24 **

> Sign up for FREE email from MrKlingon.org at http://www.MrKlingon.org
>     qatlh tlhIngan Hol Dajatlhbe'? * Why NOT say it in Klingon?

Back to archive top level