tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 27 00:58:53 2001

Re: *Enterprise* Hol rurbe' tlhIngan Hol

ja' Joel Anderson <[email protected]>:
>  tlhIngan Hol mu'mey  vIQoylaHbe'ta'

loQ vIQoylaw', wa' mu'tlhegh vIghovchu'.  'ach 'op vIleghqu'bej.

>No surprise, but did *anyone* hear tlhIngan Hol in the Enterprise premier?

Yes -- the recording played for Hoshi quite clearly contained the phrase
{bImoghqu'}. :)

I've only watched the first hour so far, but the closed captioning reveals
that pronunciation is the main problem.  There was definitely a {jay'} in
one line, which came out sounding much like /jey/, and lots of words seem
to have been scrambled completely by the actors.  The language is probably
not the {ta' Hol} we know, though it's close.

>Probably going to be more of a source for the Vulcan linguistic crowd......

Probably not, actually.  T'Pol explicitly mentioned her instructions not to
speak Vulcan when Hoshi said something to her which was obviously less than
flattering.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level