tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 05 17:24:30 2001

Re: 'o'wIj chopjaj Dorn

jatlh DloraH:

>I knew some people questioned "Why would a klingon want to hear about that?",
>but I never knew fellow klingonist were actually against it.

Well, that was my take at the time; but I want to emphasise again that,
while charghwI' did take offense at it, he left for only one day; we
agreed to put KBTP headers in related mail from then on; and in subsequent
instances, he was quite cool about things --- see
/tlhIngan-Hol/1994/June/msg00190.html , which is in fact
a pretty good defense of the project, and
/tlhIngan-Hol/1994/May/msg00002.html , where he defended
(above and beyond the call of duty) my linguistic arguments against
Proechel brought up by the KBTP.

I've reread my postings from 1994, and am at times astonished at the
things I said and the flamewars I got into (though I also am still not
willing to retract as much as I probably should.) But in pointing out that
charghwI' was squicked by the KBTP, and that it engendered ill feeling at
a time we could have done without it (things were *very* boisterous back
then), I have no desire to rekindle those flamewars. I recognise that
people can be legitimately squicked by the endeavour, and I believe that
the Klingonists
that were squicked --- charghwI' included --- took the right attitude; and
I respect them for it.

vuvtaHghachvetlh bajbe'ba' Dorn.

--
Nick Nicholas, Breathing  {le'o ko na rivbi fi'inai palci je tolvri danlu}

Back to archive top level