tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 24 23:58:14 2001

RE: KLBC: jIbergh

> > jIbergh.  DaH naDev 'entepray' muchlu' 'ej wab tu'lu'be'.
>
>This sounds like you can see it but there is no sound; you can't hear the
>show.

That's right; so that came across.

> > qen labwI' choH "UPN" 'ej labwI' chu' viSuqbe'.
> > wa' Hogh ret 'entepray' bejmeH "cable" vISuq 'ej DaH vIbejlaHbe'.
> > qoH chaH "cable" loHwI''e'.
> >
> > Is there a word for station/channel?  {labwI'} was the best I
> > could do.
>
>lab is transmit data (away from a place).
>labwI' - a thing that transmits data (from a place).
>
>"I did not acquire a new transmitter".  For UPN this can work because they
>are transmitting.  You could have added mI' or per.  labwI' mI' -
>transmitter number.  labwI' per - transmitter label.

What I meant to convey here was that previous to getting cable I didn't
"get" the new UPN affiliate station, i.e., my antenna didn't pick it up.
Would {Hev} be a better word than {Suq} to use for receiving transmissions?
Is {Suq} specifically an act of physically obtaining something?  TKD is not
very clear on this.

>We have Se' - frequency (n)
>

> > Now that I have TKD, my grammar and vocabulary should improve.
>
>Here's an exercise for you to do; WRITE every word.  Don't just read the
>word list, write every word, at least once.  You won't memorize the
>translations, but it will help you be aware of what words are available.
>Many of us have done this.

Since I'm a programmer, I wrote an electronic dictionary for my PC.  Even
before TKD arrived, I was putting words into it from KGT and TKW, as well as
the Klingon WOTD.  I type each word in by hand.  Tonight I finished putting
in the p's, so I haven't hit {Se'} yet.