tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 24 23:03:01 2001

RE: KLBC: jIbergh

> jIbergh.  DaH naDev 'entepray' muchlu' 'ej wab tu'lu'be'.

This sounds like you can see it but there is no sound; you can't hear the
show.

> qen labwI' choH "UPN" 'ej labwI' chu' viSuqbe'.
> wa' Hogh ret 'entepray' bejmeH "cable" vISuq 'ej DaH vIbejlaHbe'.
> qoH chaH "cable" loHwI''e'.
>
> Is there a word for station/channel?  {labwI'} was the best I
> could do.

lab is transmit data (away from a place).
labwI' - a thing that transmits data (from a place).

"I did not acquire a new transmitter".  For UPN this can work because they
are transmitting.  You could have added mI' or per.  labwI' mI' -
transmitter number.  labwI' per - transmitter label.

We have Se' - frequency (n)

> Now that I have TKD, my grammar and vocabulary should improve.

Here's an exercise for you to do; WRITE every word.  Don't just read the
word list, write every word, at least once.  You won't memorize the
translations, but it will help you be aware of what words are available.
Many of us have done this.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level