tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 25 03:20:13 2001

RE: KLBC: jIbergh

jatlh Sean:

 > Now that I have TKD, my grammar and vocabulary should improve.

ja' DloraH:

>Here's an exercise for you to do; WRITE every word.  Don't just read the
>word list, write every word, at least once.  You won't memorize the
>translations, but it will help you be aware of what words are available.
>Many of us have done this.

Although not really a message that needs replying to, I would just like to
throw my weight behind DloraH's suggestion. I wrote out the entire TKD word
list - not only the K-E section, but the E-K as well - and even though it
took me a couple weeks (!) it has been the single best thing I ever did for
learning vocabulary. Even though you won't commit the entire vocabulary to
memory, it will still furnish you with quite a good-sized slab of the
lexicon. I recommend it as an exercise for any beginning Klingonists.

Qapla' 'ej Satlho'

ro'Han