tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 19 15:10:36 2001

RE: KLBC: They never shut up...

Chuck Nolan:
> To say someone is "long winded", which of the following phrase would
> be proper...

DloraH:
> None.
> To say this you need to translate what you mean, not just translate
> the english words.

DloraH is right - "long winded" is an English idiom, and it probably does
not work in Klingon any better than "you're sitting in a chair" does in
English.

> jatlh 'e' mevQo' - he won't stop talking.

I have another suggestion: <tlhoy jatlh> - He talks excessively. <tlhoy> is
a word you'll find in the New Words List
(/tlh/newwords.html).

pagh

Back to archive top level