tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 30 13:51:58 2001

Re: yem! (was Re: Klingon WOTD: wem (n))

wIch DaHarchugh ngoDqoqvam Dalaj. To be slightly more accurate, even if you
accept Christian mythology, something happened in the garden of Eden and a
remarkable number of years later, someone arbitrarily assigned to that behavior
the English word "sin". Likely the word had meaning in English before receiving
that assignment. Believe it or not, the English language actually did have
secular use independent of the church, even before King James' time.

And I hate to break this to you, but not one word in the Bible was originally
written in English, and every translation has been and will continue to be
imperfect.

A pet peeve of mine is the way Christianity likes to claim things as its own
that existed long before Christianity and continue to exist quite independent
of Christian mythology. Listen to them, and you'd think that charity, honesty,
kindness and all things noble cannot exist without faith in the Christian God.

'e' luHar qoHna'pu' neH. Some humans are actually motivated by something more
innately good than fear of punishment by an absolute power, or greed for a
heavenly reward. Those who act dishonorably sin, whether by a Christian
definition or not.

charghwI'