tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 29 22:59:15 2001

RE: KLBC - mojaQmey vIqeq

> pa'Daq yaS pup puq
> The child kicked the officer in the room.

maj

> jIHvaD Soj Davut
> You cooked food for me.

maj

> mapupegh
> We kicked ourselves.

The suffix -'egh has a ' with it.
mapup'egh

> mapupchuq
> We kicked each other.

maj

> HoSchoHta' jIH
> I have become strong.

The pronoun jIH is optional, but the prefix jI- is not.
jIHoSchoHta' (jIH)
Adding jIH adds emphasis that it was YOU, not someone else.

> HoSqa' jIH
> I am strong once again.

Prefix jI-

> ghaH yIqetmoHQo'
> Don't let him run!

"Don't cause him to run", "Don't make him run"
Don't let him run - qet 'e' yIchaw'Qo'

> Da'oy'lu'a'
> Did someone/something hurt you?

maj

> wIlutlhqa'moHlu'
> Someone/something made us revert to being primitive. (i.e. It caused us
> to lose our technology/culture.)

maj

> jIqettaH
> I am running.

maj

> Qe' vIqetlI'
> I am running to the restaurant. (With the intent of stopping there.)

As far as we know, qet is "run", not "run (to)".
Qe'Daq jIqetlI' - this can have two meanings.  Either you are running TO the
restaurant, or you are IN the restaurant running around inside.
We could use two sentences:
jIqet.  Qe' vIghoS.
I'm running.  I'm going to the restaurant.

> yaS vI'oy'pu'
> I have hurt the officer. (Possibly by accident.)
>
> yaS vI'oy'ta'
> I have hurt the officer. (With explicit intent to harm him.)

With these two sentences you need the suffix -moH "cause"
yaS vI'oy'moH(pu'/ta')

> De'vam vIja'neS
> I humbly report this information; I report this information, your honor.

maj

> HaghDI' ghaH vIHoH
> As soon as he laughs, I will kill him.

maj

> De' DaSov 'e' Datemchugh vaj tlhIb SoH
> If you deny that you know the information, then you are incompetent.

Prefix.  ... bItlhIb (SoH)

> choboQ bIghoSpa'
> Assist me before you go.

The klingon is a statement, the english is an imperative.
bIghoSpa' HIboQ

> DujlIj SorghtaHvIS ghaH vItu'laH
> While he was sabotaging your ship, I was able to find him.

maj

> HIq tlhutlhtaH HoD vImaSbej
> I definitely prefer the beer which the captain is drinking.

You forgot the word for "which"; actually it would be a suffix, -bogh.

HIq tlhutlhtaHbogh HoD vImaSbej
"I certainly prefer the beer which the captain is drinking."
or "I certainly prefer the captain which is drinking the beer."

To clarify which meaning you intend, you can use the noun suffix -'e' on the
head noun of the relative clause.

HIq'e' tlhutlhtaHbogh HoD vImaSbej
"I certainly prefer the beer which the captain is drinking."

HIq tlhutlhtaHbogh HoD'e' vImaSbej
"I certainly prefer the captain which is drinking the beer."

> tlhIngan Hol vIghojmeH mu'tlheghmeyvam vIghItlhtaH
> I am writing these sentences in order to learn Klingon.

maj

Overall, you do a good job.  Only minor errors.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level