tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 20 23:03:19 2001

Re: I had an idea, I don't know how...

Will:
> Basically, if it makes sense, any verb suffix works on pronouns if they
> are being used as pronouns.

<<Qu'vam potlh law' Hoch potlh puS - SoHghachna'lIj yItaHchu'>>

> Meanwhile, {nuq tlhIHchu'} doesn't make much sense unless you are talking
> to beings incapable of using language.

Cool distraction, tho!

> Perhaps {'Iv tlhIHchu'} was what you had in mind.

Yes.

> Even that looks a bit strange. Maybe this can be stretched to mean
> "Exactly who are you?" though I'd prefer to say that more directly, like
> {pengu'eghchu'!} "Identify yourselves perfectly/clearly!"

Sounds good; except that the command was to a single person, to speak for
the whole group. Perhaps, in context, <<ghaHvaD yaHraj teH yIQIj>>.

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <[email protected]>           http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jirib
  MAT LinuxPLC project --- http://mat.sf.net --- Machine Automation Tools