tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 19 18:50:54 2001

RE: KLBC-Plea for the Dead

At 05:15 PM 11/19/01 -0500, you wrote:

> >              Kahless, we implore you to remember those warriors who have
> > fallen in your name.

> >              qeylIS, ponglIjvaD Heghpu'bogh SuvwI'pu' tIqaw 'e'
>wIthlobneS.

Now that DloraH has responded, I'll add a couple comments here -

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the subject of {tlhob} is the
person being asked to do something. So you could {tlhob} Kahless, but you
would {poQ} whatever it is that you want him to do. So you could change
this to {'e' wIpoQneS} "Your honor, we demand that".

The first sentence here, {... tIqaw} is a command already. To me, adding
{'e' wIpoQneS} here seems redundant. I would probably use one of the
following 2 options:

Remove the {'e' wIpoQneS} and leave it as a command:
{... SuvwI'pu' tIqawneS} "Remember the warriors, your honor"

Change the first sentence to a statement, and add {'e' wIpoQneS}:
{... SuvwI'pu' Daqaw 'e' wIpoQneS} "Your honor, we require that you
remember the warriors"

- taD

Back to archive top level