tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 19 06:26:30 2001

KLBC-Plea for the Dead

Grammarian,

       I have returned to the Klingon language after a hiatus of several
years.  It was amazing to see all that has occurred since I've been gone.  I
am trying to relearn the language, and have begun translating small phrases.
With that in mind, please check my attempt at translating the Plea for the
Dead from STVOY: Prophecy:

English:

       Plea for the Dead
             Kahless, we implore you to remember those warriors who have
fallen in your name.  Lift them out of the cavern of despair and reveal
yourself to them in all your glory.

tlhIngan Hol:

       HeghwI'vaD qoy'lu'
             qeylIS, ponglIjvaD Heghpu'bogh SuvwI'pu' tIqaw 'e' wIthlobneS.
tulbe'ghach DISvo' tIpepneS 'ej chaHvaD yI'angeghchu'neS.

I hope my attempt wasn't too laughable.  Thanks.

John

Back to archive top level