tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 19 08:36:11 2001

Re: I had an idea, I don't know how...

From: "Jiri Baum" <[email protected]>

> But the main question was - does QAO work if the second verb reasonably
> takes a question as an object? For instance <<jang>>?

The correct object for /jang/ is apparently the person being answered (e.g.
/qajang/ "I answer you"), in which case there is no way /'e'/ could be an
appropriate object.  Remember, if you're talking about conversation (such as
"I answered, 'I will kill you now'"), /jang/ is not a "verb of saying."
Only /jatlh/ and /ja'/ work in that capacity.  (Thus, /jIjang; jIjatlh DaH
qaHoH/ or /jIjang; DaH qaHoH jIjatlh/.)

SuStel
Stardate 1885.3

Back to archive top level